Review and remediate deficiencies on active loans in a post-closing status, primarily for Non-Agency loan delivery. This includes an analysis of Jumbo and Investor specific products by evaluating borrower’s credit profile, income, assets, liabilities, United Shore’s internal policies and all other information pertinent to the credit decision (this may include mortgage closing documentation). Auditor will work closely with Investors to clear deficiencies in a timely manner. Auditor will also be responsible for validating and reporting defects found during loan delivery to diminish exposure to repurchase risk.
• Review deficiencies that are identified daily as a result of Investor reviews performed during loan delivery. Products include, but are not limited to; Jumbo, High Balance Nationwide and other specialty products
• Assess deficiencies for validity against Investor guidelines and United Shore’s internal policies
• Remediate any deficiencies identified during Investor reviews
• Effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal/external parties to resolve deficiencies
• Validate and report defects found and immediately escalate any trends to Leadership
• Education: High School Graduate, college preferred but not required
o Strong knowledge of Non-Agency & Agency (FNMA /FHLMC) underwriting guidelines and procedures is required. FHA and/or VA knowledge is preferred, but not required.
o Proficient in Excel spreadsheets
o 2-5 years underwriting or mortgage auditing experience is required
o Agency repurchase experience a plus
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
United Shore is a diverse group of over 2,400 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more – all working toward the same goals. We’re a $30 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We’re committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love working here: